勇敢的心精彩台词
-Stephen: The Almighty says this must be a fashionable fight.
fashionable: 流行的(这里做精彩讲)
主说,这肯定是一场精彩的战斗。
It's drawn the finest people. draw: 吸引,拉
来这儿的都是最棒的战士。
-Lochlan: Where is thy salute?
thy:(古语)相当于 salute: 敬礼,致意
你们为什么不行礼?
-William: For presenting yourselves on this battlefield, I give you thanks.
present:呈现,出现;battlefield: 战场
为了感谢你们能亲赴沙场参战,我向你们致意。
-Lochlan: This is our army.
这是我们的军队。
To join it, you give homage.
homage: 尊敬
你要参加,就必须向我们效忠。
-William: I give homage to Scotland, and if this is your army...why does it go?
我效忠于苏格兰,如果这是你们的军队„„他们为什么要走?
-Veteran Solider: We didn't come here to fight for them!
我们不是来这儿为他们打仗的!
-Young Solider: Home! The English are too many.
回家吧!英国人太多了。
-William: Sons of Scotland! I am William Wallace.(
苏格兰的子民们!我是William Wallace。
-Young Solider: William Wallace is 7 feet tall.
(William Wallace有7英尺高。)
-William: Yes. I've heard.
是啊,我也听说了。
He kills men by the hundreds,
他杀的人数以百计,
And if he were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse.
consume: 烧毁; fireball:火球; bolt: 闪电,霹雳
lighting: 闪电 ;arse: 臀部
如果他在这儿,他就能眼睛喷出火球,屁股放出闪电,干掉英国人。
I am William Wallace!
我就是William Wallace!
And I see a whole army of my countrymen here in defiance of tyranny.
defiance: 挑战 ; tyranny: 暴政
我看见了一只由我同胞组成的,反对暴政的大军。
You've come to fight as free men. And free men you are.
free: 自由,自由的
你们是以自由之身来参加战斗的。你们是自由的人。
What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight?
freedom:自由,自主
用这自由你们会做什么?你们会战斗吗?
-Veteran Solider: Against that? No!
同那些战斗?不!
We will run, and we will live.
我们会逃命,我们会活下来。
-William: Aye. Fight, and you may die. Run, and you'll live...at least awhile.是啊。如果战斗,你们可能会死。如果逃跑,至少还能多活一会儿。
And dying in your beds many years from now,
年复一年,直到寿终正寝,
Would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for
你们愿不愿意用这么多苟活的日子去换„„
One chance... just one chance...
一个机会„„就一个机会„„
To come back here and tell our enemies,
enemy: 敌人
回到这里,告诉我们的敌人,
That they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!
他们也许能夺走我们的生命,但他们永远夺不走我们的自由!
-Scots: Albagu bra!
自由!
-English General: They seem quite optimistic to me.
optimistic: 乐观的,积极的
他们看起来还挺乐观。
Maybe they do want to fight.
也许他们真的想打一仗。
-Cheltham: Confrontation might be a foregone conclusion, my lord, but, nonetheless, I think we should deliver the king's terms.
confrontation: 对抗 foregone: 已知的
conclusion:结论 nonetheless:尽管如此
deliver: 履行,投递 term: 条件
看来对抗是不可避免了,大人,尽管如此,我们还是应该传达国王的旨意。
-English General: The king's terms? He'll never live up to them.
live up to: 遵守
国王的旨意?放心吧,他不会遵守的。
-Cheltham: My lord, I think...
大人,我想„„
-English General: All right. Offer them the terms.
offer: 提供
好吧。向他们传达旨意吧。
-Craig: Shall we go and meet them?
他们来了,我们要去谈判吗?
-Mornay: Let me do the talking.
由我来谈,好吗?
-Lochlan: Agreed.
好的。
-Stephen: Fine speech. Now what do we do?
精彩的演讲。现在我们该怎么办?
-William: Just be yourselves.
各自保重。
-Hamish: Where are you going?
你要去哪儿?
-William: I'm going to pick a fight.
pick:
挑选,采摘,挖
我去叫阵。
-Hamish: Well, we didn't get dressed up for nothing.
dress up: 穿上盛装,精心打扮
是啊,要不我们画成这样干吗?
-Cheltham: Mornay, Lochlan, Craig. Here are the king's terms...
Mornay ,Lochlan,Craig。我来宣布国王的旨意„„
Lead this army off the field...and he will give you each estates in Yorkshire, including hereditary title, from which you will pay...
estate: 财产,身份 Yorkshire: 约克郡
include: 包括 hereditary: 世袭的
带着这只部队离开战场„„你们每人都将在约克郡得到一块封地,和世袭的爵位,为此你们要„„
From which you will pay him an annual duty...
annual: 年度的
为此你们要向国王缴纳赋税„„
-William: I have an offer for you.
offer: 提议
我也有个提议。
-Mornay: Cheltham, this is William Wallace.
这是William Wallace。
-Cheltham: From which you will pay the king an annual duty...
为此你们要向国王缴纳赋税„„
-William: I said I have an offer for you.
我说我有个提议给你。
-Lochlan: You disrespect a banner of truce?
disrespect: 不尊重,失礼,无礼
banner: 旗帜,标语 truce: 休战
你不尊重停战?
-William: From his king? Absolutely.
absolutely: 绝对地,完全地
和他的国王?不可能。
Here are Scotland's terms...
这是苏格兰的条件„„
Lower your flags and march straight back to England, stopping at every home you pass by
to beg forgiveness for 100 years of theft, rape, and murder.
march:行军 forgiveness: 宽恕
theft: 偷窃 rape: 强奸
降下你们的旗帜,回英格兰去,每经过一户人家都要停下来,为百年来的烧杀夺掠乞求宽恕。
Do that and your men shall live.
要是照办,你们这些人就能活着。
Do it not, and every one of you will die today.
否则,你们所有人今天都得死。
-Cheltham: You are outmatched. You have no heavy cavalry.
outmatch: 胜过,优于,凌驾于 cavalry: 骑兵
你们势单力薄,你们没有重骑兵。
In two centuries, no army has won...
两百年以来,没有军队能赢„„
-William: I'm not finished!
我还没说完!
Before we let you leave, your commander must cross that field, present himself before this army, put his head between his legs, and kiss his own arse.
commander: 指挥官 cross:穿过 present: 展现,出现
在我们放你们走以前,你们的指挥官必须穿过战场,站在我军的面前,把头伸到两腿中间,去吻自己的屁股。
I'd say that was rather less cordial than he's used to.
cordial: 热诚的
这回他可没以前那么热诚了。
Be ready and do exactly as I say.
exactly: 精确,绝对
作好准备,照我说的做。