海上钢琴师经典片段译文
海上钢琴师台词 --经典片段译文
Hey, Corn, what's the matter? You lose your sea legs? 嘿,老朋友,怎么啦,晕船吗
Where the hell did you find that record? 你是在哪里找到那只唱片的
What have you been up to all these years? 这些年来你过得怎么样
-Making music. -Even during the war? 做音乐.战争期间也是?
Even when no-one was dancing anymore. 即使没有人跳舞的时候
Even when the bombs were falling. 即使炸弹落下来的时候
And I kept playing till the ship got here. 我一直弹奏直到轮船到达目的地
Call this a ship ? 把这个叫做轮船?
It's more like a mountain of dynamite about to explode. 这像一做就要爆炸的火药山多一点
A bit dangerous, don't you think? 难道你不认为危险了一点?
And you, Max? “那你呢,马斯”
Where's your trumpet? 你的喇叭呢?
I gave it up as well, a while back. 我已经不吹了
But you know now I'm in the mood for starting again. 可是我现在又想吹了
I'm busting with new ideas. 我有个想法
Let's start a duo, you and me. “我们现在来个二重奏,你和我”
Or our own band : 我们自己的乐队
The ''DannyBoodman T.D. Lemon Nineteen Hundred Big Band !''“丹尼布曼T.D.柠檬1900乐队”
It gets the blood going! We’d be a smash. 让人热血沸腾.我们过去是多么的出色
Come on, Nineteen Hundred come on with me, Let’s get off. 来吧. 给我一起下船
We’ll watch the firework from the pier and then we’ll start from scratch. 我们看船炸掉后从头开始
Sometimes that’s the way you have to do it. 人生就是这么回事
You have to go right back to the beginning. 有时候你要从头开始
''You're never really done for, as long as you've got a good story and someone to tell it to''. Remember? 有了好故事 你才会去告诉别人 还记得吗
You told me that. 是你告诉我的
Well, what a stack of stories you got new. 想想你现在有多少好故事可以讲
The world would be hang on your every word, crazy for your music. 你的故事会在世上流传 他们会为你的音乐而疯狂 Believe me. 相信我
All that city. . . 关于那城市
You just couldn't see an end to it. 你不能看到城市的尽头
The end! 尽头
Please, you please just show me where it ends? “求求你,你可以让我看到尽头吗”
It was all very fine on that gangway and I was grand, too, in my overcoat.船上多么的好我是多么的伟大 I cut quite a figure我下了很大的决心
And I was getting off. 我决定的时候一点犹豫也没有
Guaranteed, that’s wasn’t the problem. 没有问题
It wasn't what I saw that stopped me. Max不是我看到的东西不让我前进
It was what I didn't see, understand? 是我看不到的东西.你明白吗
What I didn't see. 我看不到的东西
In all that sprawling city, there was everything except an end. “在那纵横的城市 什么都有,就是没有尽头”
There wasn't an end. 但是没有尽头
What I did not see was where the whole thing came to an end. 困扰我的是,尽头在哪
The end of the world.世界的尽头
You take a piano. 拿钢琴来说
Keys begin, the keys end. .“从琴键开始,在琴键结束”
You know there are 88 of them and nobody can tell you any differently你知道有88个琴键 每一个都是一样的 They are not infinite, you are infinite. “他们不是无穷的 你是无尽的”
And on those 88 keys, the music that you can make is infinite. 可你在那88个琴键上 可以弹奏无尽的音乐 I like that. 我喜欢这样
That I can live by.我可以赖以生存
You get me up on that ganyway and you roll out in front of me. 我在阶梯上看到的…..
A keyboard of millions and billions of keys that never end and that’s truth, Max, that they never end .
上千万个琴键没有尽头,真的,Max,没有尽头
That keyboard is infinite. 那键盘是无限的
And if that keyboard is infinite there's no music you can play. “如果琴键是无限的 你就不能在上面弹奏音乐” You're sitting on the wrong bench. 你坐错了琴凳
That's God's piano. 那是上帝的钢琴
Christ, did you see the streets? Just the streets, There were thousands of them! 我的天你看到那街道了吗?有成千上万条街道
How do you do it down there? 你如何取舍?
How do you choose just one? 你选哪一条
One woman, one house, “一个女人,一间房子”
one piece of land to call your own, one landscape to look at, “属于你的一片土地 属于你的一片风景” one way to die. 死亡之路
All that world just weighing down on you, you don’t even know where it comes an end.你被世界压着不知道哪是尽头 I mean, aren’t you even just scared of breaking apart at the thought of it. 你难道不怕崩溃
At the enormity of living in it.漫无边际的空间
I was born on this ship. 我在这船上出生
And the world passed me by, but two thousand people at a time. “世界在我身旁经过 每次有两千人” And there were wishes here, 这里有希望
But never more than fit between prow and stern.操控在这船上
You played out your happiness on a piano that was not infinite. 在有限的钢琴上弹奏 可以得到欢乐 I learned to live that way. 我学会了那样生活
Land陆地
is a ship too big for me. 对于我来说是一艘太大的船
It's a woman too beautiful.太美的女人
It’s a voyage too long太长的旅程
Perfume too strong太浓的香水
It's music I don't know how to make.是我创造不出的旋律
I could nerver get off this ship我永远下不了船
At best, I can step off my life.最多,步下人生舞台
After all,I don’t exist for me anyone就好像我从来没有存在过
You're the exception, Max. 你是例外,马斯
You're the only one who knows I'm here.只有你知道我在这里的人
You're a minority.唯一的
And you’d better get used to it.面对现实吧
Forgive me, my friend. “原谅我,我的朋友”
But I'm not getting off. 我不会和你下船
Max. 马斯
Picture the scene at the Golden Gates.想象天堂之门
Some guy searching a list trying to find my name,not finding it.
守门的人找不到我的名字
What did you say your name was again? 你说你叫什么?
Nineteen Hundred. 1900
Niemann, Nightingale, Ninestock伊蒙、伊索、伊士曼
Nittledeen.夜莺
Well, You see, sir, I was born on a ship. beg your pardon ?“你看,先生,我出生在船上. 你说什么”
Born, raised,and died on a ship, maybe I'm not registered there.
一辈子待在船上,可能没有登记
Shipwreck? No, six and a half tons of dynamite Boom.海难事故吗?“不,是六吨半的炸药”
Feeling better now? 你现在好点了吗?
Yeah, I’m fine except I lost an arm. 还好,只是少了只手臂
-An arm? -Yes, in the explosion. “一只手臂?是的,在爆炸中”
Well, you should be able to find one over there. 你应该在那里可以找到一只的
-Which one did you say you were missing? left, sir.你说丢了哪一只?左手?
I'm dreadfully sorry! 真抱歉
We only seem to have two rights. 我们好像只有两只右手
-Two right arms? 两只右臂?
afraid so.是的
Would you mind awfully if..... 你若不介意….
Well ,if you take a right arm instead of a left?拿只右手将就一下?
Well, all things considered better a right arm than nothing ,I suppose. “好,什么东西都可以 右臂总比什么东西没有好
couldn't agree more. 我还能说什么
No laughing matter, Max.这下子惨了
What a cock-up, spending eternity with two right arms !这下糟了,永生都两只右手
I mean, how would you make the sign of the cross ? 我是说这么用这手比十字架
Hey Max. Imagine the music I could play with two right arms. “嘿,马斯”,想象一下我用两只右臂弹钢琴 Hope I can find a piano up there ! 我只希望在那里能找到一架钢琴
What would you have done in my shoes? 如果你是我,你会怎么做
I don't know. 我不知道
I wouldn’t probably have felt quite useless.也许我会觉得很没用
Sooner or later, all stories end, and there's nothing to add. “故事结束了,没有其他可说的了”
Anyhow, thanks, pops. “无论如何,谢谢”
Conn, there's just one thing I don't get Who hid the broken record inside the piano? 康恩,我有件事不是很明白,是谁把破碎的唱片藏在钢琴里面?
You're looking at him. So, you weren't so useless after all.你眼前的人.这样,你也不算没用
Conn. Here, take you trumpet. 嘿,拿着你的小号
Well you'll need it.,我想你需要它 Never mind the money. 不必还钱了
A good story is worth more than an old trumpet.一个好的故事 比一个旧的喇叭值钱多了