英语书本翻译范围
No time for formality
American people are always in a hurry.美国人总是匆匆忙忙的。 It seems they don’t have time for formality .他们似乎没有时间讲客套。
So American informality is well known. 因此美国人的随便是闻名的。
But you may still feel somewhat surprised at this lack of respect .尽管如此,你也许仍然会对这种“缺乏礼节”感到吃惊。
This is especially true in the business world .在商界这一点尤其普遍。 Most Americans have little concern for rank or title .大多数美国人不怎么在乎职位或头衔。
They often use first names upon meeting people for the first time .他们经常在头一次见面就直呼其名。
They may introduce their friend to you in this way :Li Hong ,this is Mary Smith .他们可能会这样像你介绍他们的朋友;李红,这是玛丽史密斯。 In this situation ,you are free to call the lady Mary or Miss Smith .在这种情况下,你可以随便称这位女士为玛丽或史密斯小姐。
American people do not always shake hands upon meeting strangers .美国人不总是与头一次见面的生人握手。
They often just smile and say Hi or Hello .To American people such an informal greeting really means the same things as a formally hand shaking.他们经常只是微笑着说嗨或您好。在美国人看来,这种很随
便的致意与正规的握手是一回事。
Similarly ,American people do not have a formal farewell .同样,美国人也没有正规的告别。
They will just wave good-bye to the whole group. Or perhaps, they will simply say Bye or So long and then leave. 他们只是对着大家挥挥手表示再见。或者,他们只是简单地说声再见或回头见,然后就离去。 There are no hand shakes in most cases .To American ,a friendly ,informal relationship is the most important thing. 在一般的情况下是不握手道别的。对于美国人来说,这种很友好而随便的关系是很重要的。
Air Travel
Air travel is popular for people who are in a hurry because it’s very convenient .航空旅行对于时间匆忙的人来说很受欢迎,因为它非常方便。
Airplanes carry passengers to various parts of the world very quickly .飞机能很快把乘客送往世界各地。
I often travel by air. A few days ago, I had to go to Paris on business .我经常乘飞机旅行,几天前我到巴黎去出差。
The trip was urgent so I went by air. I went to the airport by a special bus, which was provided by the airline company. 由于旅程紧迫,我乘坐了飞机。我乘坐由航空公司专门开设的巴士到了机场。 On the airfield we saw a large plane waiting for us .在停车场我看
到一架打飞机在等候我们。
We climbed into it, and at exactly twelve o’clock it took off smoothly .我们登机,在12点钟,飞机准点顺利起飞。
Shortly afterwards our plane reached the sea ,and soon we saw the French coast. 不久,我们的飞机就飞到了海洋的上空。很快我们就看到了法国海岸。
It wasn’t long before we arrived at our destination .没过多久我们就到达了目的地。
Our pilot made a perfect landing ,and we got out of the plane.飞行员将飞机稳稳着陆后,我们走出飞机。
Shopping places
In the United States, people choose different shopping places according to their economic conditions 在美国,人们根据自己的经济条件选择不同的商店进行购物。
Rich people often go to large shopping centers .有钱人常去大购物中心购物。
But many people usually shop at discount stores, thrift shops or supermarkets because things at these stores are not as expensive . The prices are more reasonable .但是许多人通常到廉价商店或超市买东西,因为这种商店的价格比较合理便宜。
Some people prefer to buy second-hand furniture or household items ,because they are still in good condition and the prices are
quite cheap. 有些人喜欢买二手家具或家庭用品,因为这些二手货的状况依然良好,而且价格相当便宜。
Many stores will have various items on sale during holiday seasons .在节假日期间,许多商店的各种商品都降价出售。
The prices may be reduced from 10%up to 50%off the original prices so shopping during holiday seasons may be a good idea.降价幅度是原价打9折到打5折,因此在节日期间购物是个好办法。
二、翻译
1.史密斯教授是一位非常有经验的医生。
Professor Smith is a very experienced doctor。
2.我们很高兴能够有你和我们一起工作。
We have the pleasure to work together with you。
3.您好,琼斯太太。欢迎您来中国。
Hello,Mrs.Jones 。Welcome to China 。
4.经过长途旅行我觉得有点儿累了。
I feel a little tired after have the long journey。
5.学生们经常到这个食堂吃饭。
Students often come to have their meals in this canteen
6.我荣幸地将这位美国著名的歌唱家介绍给你们。
I have the hornor to introduce this famous American singer to you.
7.他把许多漂亮的明信片拿给我们看。
He shows many beautiful postcards to us.
8.这个小俱乐部只有十个成员。
There are only ten members in this small club.
9.那个姑娘一定是你的妹妹了。
That girl is must be your younger sister.
10花园的中间有一棵树。
There is a tree in the middle of the garden.
11.照片右边的这位女士是我们经理的夫人。
The lady on the right of the photo is our manager’s wife.
12.王小姐正为她的经理和一位来访者安排一次约会。
Miss Wang is arranging an appointment between her manager and a visitor.
13.下周他们要举办一次鞋展。
They are holding a shoe exhibition next week.
14.我盼望着下月17日与您会面。
I’m looking forward to seeing you on the 17th next month.
15.您愿意留言吗?
Would you like to leave a message ?
16.怀特小姐,你的电话接通了,王先生的电话响了。
Miss White ,you are through .Mr Wang’s number is ringing .
17.布朗先生正在接另一个电话,您能等一会儿吗?
Mr Brown is on another line now. Can you hold for a moment?
18.我想要一些有关你们ABI型计算机的资料。
I’d like to get some information about your Model ABI computers.
19.很抱歉,布莱克先生不在。有事吗?
I’m sorry ,Mr Black in not in now. May I help you ?
20.我负责国外市场。
I’m in charge of overseas markets.
21.我用传真把资料发给您。
I’ll send you the information by fax.
22.以前我们常常在家过春节,但现在更喜欢去度假胜地。
We used to spend Spring Festival at home ,but nowadays we prefer to go to a resort.
23.以前我们常常吃肉食,但现在更喜欢吃蔬菜。
We used to eat meat ,but nowadays we prefer to have vegetables.
24.对海滨度假来说这是最好最舒适的度假方式。
It is the nicest and most comfortable kind of weather for a holiday at the beach.
25.对一个兴趣广泛的孩子来说这是最糟糕最枯燥的学习方法。
It is the slowest and dullest way of learning for a child with wide interests.
26.据说在这个城市乘公共汽车比步行还慢。
It is said that it takes longer to travel by bus than to go on foot in this city.
27.据说在这个学校教师吃食堂比自己做饭还便宜。
It is said that it costs the teachers less to have meals at the canteen than to cook for themselves.