你周末过得如何
How Was Your Weekend? 你周末过得如何- 7月15日
Hello listener friend, you are listening to English World.
又到了英语世界的节目时间了,听友你好。
We are so happy that you have tuned into our program.
我们很开心你收听我们的节目。
I am your friend Mark.
And I am Guo Wen-Jie.
Hey Wen-Jie, “How was your weekend?”
How was my weekend? 他问,我周末过得如何。 Mark, every week you ask me this question. 他每周都问我这个问题。
Well, this is what people ask each other every Monday.
Mmm… How I spent my weekend? Well, I have to think. You have to think? You don’t remember?
我一时想不起来。 Well, let me ask you then, “How was your weekend?”
Oh, I had a great weekend.
You did? What did you do?
On Saturday, My wife and I went to an outdoor concert in the park. 哦,他和爱人周六去公园听了一场户外音乐会。
The weather was perfect. We sat on the grass.
天气好得很, 他们坐在草地上。
Enjoying the sunshine and the orchestra music.
享受阳光和交响乐的演奏。
We had a lovely time.
他们有一段很美好的时光。
Culturally Speaking 话说文化
“How was your weekend?”
你周末过得好吗?
In the United States, this question comes up every Monday morning as people greet each other.
在美国,每周一早上当人们彼此问候时,总会问这个问题。
Another way of asking is, “How did you spend your leisure time?” 另一个方式来问则是:你怎么过你的空闲时间呢?
Leisure time is time free from work or other duties.
Leisure time就是空闲,闲暇不工作时。
We also call it: spare time.
也有人称是spare time。
The way people spend their leisure time is quite important.
人们如何过闲暇时间, 是很重要的。
It’s part of their identity.
这是他们对自我认同的一部分。
During the week, people who work in the same office might all do the same thing.
在周间,同个办公室工作的人可能都作相同的事,
But leisure time is what makes people different.
但是他们在闲暇时所做的,可以大不相同,
It reveals who they are.
这显示了他们的真我如何。
For example,
好比说,
Some people like to do sports.
有些人喜欢从事运动,
Some like to listen to music.
有些则喜欢听音乐。
While some go to museums,
有人会去博物馆或美术馆,
Others might go to a mall shopping.
也有人可能会去商店大采购。
People make different choices in terms of their activities.
每个人对自己的活动,都作不同的选择。
And these are ways they define themselves.
这乃是人们怎么来看自己了。
Looking Back at History 回顾历史
In the farming days, people worked from sunrise to sunset, Sunday was the day devoted to church.
在早期农耕时代,人们日出耕种,日落歇息,星期天则是上教会的日子。
Later, with the rise of factories and city population,
后来,因着工厂的兴起,城市人口的增加。
People worked long hours and had only Sunday for rest.
人们工作时间变得很长,只有周日休息。
In the twentieth century, leisure time grew.
到了20世纪,人们的空闲时间多了。
With the development of mass media, entertainments also grew. 因着大众传媒的发展,娱乐活动也加增了。
Coming up next, we bring you today’s “Everyday Dialogue”.
紧接着,是今天的每日会话。
It’s Saturday morning.
在周六的早上,
A young married couple is talking about what to do.
一对年青夫妇正谈论要做什么好。
Let’s listen in to their conversation.
我们来听他们的会话。
*Dialogue
H: I am so glad it’s finally the weekend.
W: Me, too. Let’s go shopping.
H: No. There are way too many people in the mall. I can’t take that.
W: Mmm…I don’t know about that. That doesn’t sound interesting to me. H: But if we stay home, you will spend all day watching TV.
W: And you will spend all day surfing the net.
H: You are right. Well, let’s just go out to eat first. How is that? ______________________________________________________
他们决定要做什么呢?让我们来了解会话的内容。
I am so glad it’s finally the weekend.
我真开心周末终于来了。
Me, too. Let’s go shopping.
我也是。我们一起逛街买东西去。
No. There are way too many people in the mall. I can’t take that. 不要。商店街人潮拥挤。我受不了。
Well then, what would you like to do instead?
这样的话,你想要做什么其它事呢?
Why don’t we go hiking or bicycling?
我们一起去爬山健行或是骑脚车好吗?
Mmm…I don’t know about that. That doesn’t sound interesting to me. 嗯…我不要。我对那没什么兴趣。
But if we stay home, you will spend all day watching TV.
但是,我们如果待在家里,你会整天看电视看个不停。
And you will spend all day surfing the net.
那你则会整天上网。
You are right. Well, let’s just go out to eat first. How is that?
你说的对。那我们先出去吃个饭,你说怎样?
______________________________________________
Wen-Jie, For many people, leisure time means going somewhere.
对许多人来说,所谓闲暇,就是“到哪儿去” Like, going to the park. Or doing something.
又或者做些什么事 Like, swimming or doing sports.
Yet, for other people, free time means staying home to rest.
对其他人而言,空闲时间是指待在家里休息。
Or having a home entertainment.
享受在家中的娱乐。
The latest stay-at-home activity is “surfing the net”.
最新进的在家活动,是“上网浏览”。
Looking for information and entertainment on the Internet.
上网找资料和娱乐。
Well, I hope this couple has a good weekend.
希望这对夫妇有个好的周末。
Let’s review the Everyday Dialogue once again.
再次来听一回,每日会话。
H: I am so glad it’s finally the weekend.
W: Me, too. Let’s go shopping.
H: No. There are way too many people in the mall. I can’t take that.
W: Mmm…I don’t know about that. That doesn’t sound interesting to me. H: But if we stay home, you will spend all day watching TV.
W: And you will spend all day surfing the net.
H: You are right. Well, let’s just go out to eat first. How is that?
_________________________________________________________
Listener friend, what do you do in your spare time?
听友,你空闲时做什么呢?
Leisure time is big business.
闲暇时间的活动,是件大事。
Companies put in a lot of money making and selling goods.
许多公司花大钱来制作和销售物品。
Providing services that people use in their free time.
提供人们空闲时的服务。
Some people are willing to spent money and time on entertainment. 许多人可是愿意花钱财和时间在娱乐上的。
Verse of the Week 每周金句
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world,
不要效法这个世界,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
只要心意更新而变化,
Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-
叫你们察验何为神的旨意,
-his good, pleasing and perfect will.
神那善良、纯全可喜悦的旨意。
Romans 12:2 罗马书
Living in this world, we are shaped by the society we live in.
生活在这世上,我们都被社会所塑造。
Our entertainment is influenced by the popular culture.
我们的娱乐,也受大众文化的影响。
But as Christians, our lives are different.
但身为基督徒,我们的生命是与众不同的。
As we mature in Christ,
当我们在基督里长大成熟,
Our interests and values change.
我们的兴趣,价值观都改变了。
No longer pursuing worldly pleasure and entertainment.
不再追逐世上的享乐和娱乐。
Our calling, is to worship, honor and serve God.
我们所受的呼召,乃是去敬拜尊荣,事奉神。
That life brings eternal pleasures.
那样的生命,带来永生的福乐。
________________________________________________________
Well, 15 minutes passed by so fast.
一刻钟时间过得好快哦。
It’s time to say goodbye.
又到了说再见的时候了。
Today’s lesson is “How Was Your Weekend?”
今天这课是“你周末过得如何?”
Visit our website to review all the English World lessons.
上网来复习所有《英语世界》的课程。
We would love to hear from you.
我们很希望有你的回音。
Write to Wen-Jie or me Mark.
写信来给我文洁,或是马可。
We look forward to seeing you again next time.
May God Bless You.
Zai-Jian.
__________________________________________________________
So Wen-Jie, how was your weekend? Remember now?
It was good, but I can’t remember what I did.
Oh, you’d better plan ahead for this coming weekend then.
Why?
Because I am going to ask you next week: “How was your weekend?”