初中英语口语
Part I
Lesson 1 Greetings
Good morning, Mrs. Brown.
Brown 太太,早上好。
How are you doing?
您好吗?
I am doing well, thank you. And you?
我很好,谢谢。你呢?
How is your husband?
你先生好吗?
Allen was sick last week, but now he feels better.
Allen 上周病了,但现在他好多了。
Please give my regards to him.
请代我问候他。
Jenny, I haven't seen you in ages. You look great today!
Jenny ,好久不见。你今天看起来好极了!
Thanks, John. It's really been a long time.
谢谢,John 。确实好久没见了。
How is everything going?
一切顺利吗?
Not bad, thanks.
还可以,谢谢。
What's going on with your study?
学习进展如何?
I am working hard on my English now.
我正努力学英文呢。
What's up, buddy?
哥们儿,怎么样?
Not much. How about you?
没什么。你呢?
I am going abroad next week.
下周我要出国了。
Lesson2 What is your name?
What is your name?
怎么称呼您?
My name is Alexander Smith. Just call me Alex.
我叫Alexander Smith.叫我Alex 就可以了。
Is Li your first name?
" 李" 是你的名字吗?
It is my family name. In China, we put our surname first.
那是我的姓。中国人先说姓再说名。
Zhang is one of the most common surname in China.
" 张" 是中国最常用的姓之一。
Her name is Susan N. Armstrong. N is then abbreviation of her middle name. 她叫Susan N. Armstrong."N"是她中间名字的缩写。
May I have your name, Miss?
小姐,告诉我您的名字好吗?
I'm Gary Rice. I'd like to be called Gary. And yours?
我叫Gary Rice.叫我Gary 就可以了。你呢?
My name is Linda Wilson. I was named after my grandmother.
我叫Linda Wilson.我的名字是为了纪念我的祖母。
How do you spell your first name.
您的名字怎么拼?
My first name is spelled G-A-R-Y.
我的名字拼写是"G-A-R-Y".
How do your pronounce your last name?
怎么读您的姓儿?
It is pronounced Gary.
读作Gary.
Sorry, What did you say your name was?
不好意思,您说您叫什么来着?
You must be Mr. John, Kennedy. Your name precedes you.
您一定就是John Kenendy先生。久闻大名。
Lesson 3 Welcome to Danny's birthday party.
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Danny's birthday party. 先生们女士们,晚上好。欢迎参加Danny 的生日晚会。
Nice having you here.
真高兴您能来。
Hope you have a good time.
希望您过得愉快。
Mrs. Anderson, please allow me to introduce Mr. Smith, our manager.
Anderson 太太,请允许我介绍一下我们的经理Smith 先生。
How do you do?It is pleasure to meet you.
您好吗?真高兴遇到您。
The pleasure is mine, Mr. Smith.
我很荣幸,Smith 先生。
Tony, I want you to meet an old friend of mine. Here is David Roy. David, Tony Park. Tony, 我想让你见见我的老朋友。这位是David Roy. David,这位是Tony Park. Let me introduce myself. I'm Susan MacDonald.
让我自我介绍一下,我叫Susan McDonald.
Excuse me, but have we met somewhere before?
打扰一下,我们以前见过面吗?
Sorry, I don't think we have.
不好意思,我想没有。
Hi, it's you again. Is this a coincidence or what?
嗨,又是你!真巧!
You are Susan! What a pleasant surprise!
你是Susan! 真巧啊!
I never thought I would see you here.
我没想到会在这儿见到你。
I'm afraid I have to leave now.
恐怕我现在得走了。
Nice talking with you.
真高兴和您谈话。
Lesson 4 What is this?
What is this?
这是什么?
It's a cocktail.
这是鸡尾酒。
Pardon?
什么?
It's a mixed alcoholic drink.
就是一种混合而成的酒。
Whose notebook is that?
那是谁的笔记本?
It is not mine. It may belong to Jessie.
不是我的,可能是Jessie 的吧。
Up to now nobody has claimed the suitcase.
到现在还没人认领这个行李箱。
Where is your umbrella?
你的雨伞在哪儿?
It's behind the door.
在门后。
I looked for my wallet everywhere. But I couldn't find it.
我到处找我的钱包,但找不到它。
You must have left it in your office.
你一定是把它落在办公室里了。
Please look for it in the hotel lost-and-found office.
请到酒店失物招领处找找。
Can you describe your blouse?
能描述一下你的衬衣吗?
It is a green one with a high neck.
是绿色高领的。
Do you remember where you misplaced it?
你还记得不小心放哪儿了吗?
Lesson 5 Who are you?
Who are you?
你是谁?
I am Sally, a new secretary with your firm.
我是你公司的新秘书Sally.
You are the English teacher, aren't you?
您是英语老师,对吗?
Are you Mr. Green, the office manager?
你是业务经理Green 先生吗?
Who is that man over there? Do you know?
那边那个人是谁? 你知道吗?
He might be spokesman of today's press conference.
他可能是今天新闻发布会的发言人.
Who cares?
管它呢.
Where do you come from?
你是哪儿的人?
I'm from Shanghai. How about you?
我是上海人,你呢?
Toronto is Michelle's hometown.
多伦多是Michelle 的故乡。
What do you do for a living?
您干什么工作?
I work for the government.
我为政府工作。
Who is the girl in her school uniform?
那个穿校服的女孩是谁?
It's Betty, and she is from New Zealand.
是Betty, 她从新西兰来.
These guys are all Ellen's classmates.
这些人是Ellen 的同学。
Lesson 6 What does Cindy look like?
What does Cindy look like?
Cindy 长得什么样?
She has big blue eyes and blonde hair.
她长着蓝蓝的大眼睛,头发黄黄的。
What sort of build is Philip?
Philip 身材如何?
He is a big guy.
他是个大块头。
Will is tall and quite lanky.
Will 高高瘦瘦的。
From her appearance, I would guess she is Asian.
从外表看,我猜她是亚洲人。
She takes after her mother.
她长得像她妈妈。
Roy looks exactly like his father.
Roy 长得很像他父亲。
He has his father's blue eyes and his mother's round face.
他蓝蓝的眼睛随父亲,圆圆的脸宠像母亲。
Tracy is a typical Brooks with her high cheekbones.
Tracy 颧骨高高的,一看就是Brook 家的人。
Ray is popular with parents because he is very polite.
Ray 彬彬有礼,家长们都很喜欢。
Tom is quiet man, but his wife is extremely talkative.
Tom 话不多,但他太太嘴特别碎。
My brother has good personality.
我哥哥性格很好。
Jim always wears a brown overcoat these days.
这些天Jim 总是穿一件棕色的大衣。
Lesson 7 Can I ask how old you are?
Can I ask how old you are?
我能问问您多大了吗?
Guess how old I am.
你猜我多大了?
I'd say you are about twenty.
我说你快二十了。
I just turned twenty-three.
我刚满二十三。
I was thirty on my last birthday.
我三十出头了。
You look younger than your age.
您看起来比实际年龄年轻。
I'd rather not tell you my age.
我可不想谈我的年龄。
She is going to be eighteen, but she still acts like a kid.
她都快十八岁了,举止却像个孩子。
I am two years older than she is.
我比她大两岁。
My mother retired at the age of fifty five.
我妈妈五十岁退休。
That singer looks mature for his age.
那个歌星看上去比同龄人成熟。
Grandfather is getting on in years.
爷爷一年比一年老了。
Joanna is in her sixties, but she is ageing well.
Joanna 六十多岁了,但保养的很好。
The baby boomers are all grown-ups now.
婴儿潮出生的人们现在都成年了。
I'm too old to learn computer.
我岁数太大了,学不了电脑了。
Lesson 8 What did you do last Saturday?
What did you do last Saturday?
上周六您干什么了?
Pierce went to the gym to work out yesterday.
Pierce 昨天去健身房健身了。
Dan stayed up watching the World Cup last night, and overslept this morning. Dan 昨晚熬夜看世界杯,今天早晨睡过头了。
I ran into an old friend of mine on the street this morning.
今天上午我在街上遇到了一个老朋友。
She didn't recognize me.
她没认出我来。
Bill was shy before he got this job.
Bill 做这份工作前挺害羞的。
Where is John? John was here a minute ago.
John 在哪儿?他刚才还在呢。
Judy invited some friends to visit her new house.
Judy 邀请几个朋友去参观她的新房子。
Yesterday we had a good time at David's birthday party.
昨天我们在David 的生日晚会上玩得很高兴。
Professor Smith retired two years ago.
Smith 教授两年前退休。
Mary used to be a diplomat, but now she works in a company. Mary 以前是外交官,但现在在公司工作。
Mr. Couper started a company at the age of twenty-eight. Couper 先生二十八岁开了一家公司。
I majored in finance when I was in college.
我上大学的时候专业是金融。
John returned to his hometown five years later.
五年后John 回到了他的家乡。
I told you so.
我早知道会这样儿。
Lesson 9 What will you do when you grow up?
What will you do when you grow up?
等你长大了,想做什么?
I will open a bar when I have enough money.
等我有了足够的钱,我要自己开酒吧。
Allen is going back to the US during the summer vacation. 暑假时Allen 要回美国。
He will be back in for weeks.
他四个星期后回来。
She is about to leave for Paris.
她马上要去巴黎。
What are you going to do tomorrow?
明天你想做什么?
A Canadian professor will lecture at the school auditorium. 一位加拿大教授要在学校礼堂做讲座。
He will focus on the latest development of Canada.
他重点要谈谈加拿大近期的发展状况。
I am going to buy a ticket for the rock'n'roll concert.
我要去买张摇滚音乐会的票。
There will be an international conference in Beijing next month. 下个月一个国际会议将在北京召开。
I will apply to be a volunteer translator.
我申请做志愿翻译人员。
Did you know what you were going to do before you graduated? 你毕业后想过以后要干什么吗?
I never imagined that I would become a teacher.
我从没想过我会成为一名老师。
It is going to rain. Take your raincoat with you!
快下雨了,带上雨衣!
I am leaving. Thank you for having us here tonight.
我得走了。感谢您邀请我们今晚到这儿
Lesson 10 Nice day, isn't it?
Nice day, isn't it?
天真好,不是吗?
What a lousy day!
天气真糟糕呀!
How do you like the weather today?
你觉得今天天气如何?
It is muggy and hot.
又闷又热。
It looks like a storm is coming.
看起来暴风雨要来临了。
How was it yesterday?
昨天天气如何?
It was blowing hard.
风很大。
What will the weather be like tomorrow?
明天天气如何?
The weather forecast says that it is going to rain tomorrow. 天气预报说明天会下雨。
The weatherman said that a thunderstorm is hitting us there days. 天气预报说这几天会有一场雷雨。
It has been cloudy all morning and now it is rainning cats and dogs. 整个上午天气阴沉沉的,现在下起了大雨。
It will probably clear up tomorrow.
明天可能天就晴了。
What's the temperature today?
今天多少度?
The lowest temperature can dorp to 30 C below zero.
最低气温能达到零下三十度。
It is several degrees lower in the evening than in the daytime. 晚上比白天低几
Part II
走遍美国
Lesson 1
Excuse me. My name is Richard Stewart. 对不起,我叫Richard Stewart。 I'm a photographer.
我是一位摄影师。
May I take a picture of you and your little boy? 我可以为你和你的小男孩儿拍一张照片吗? What's it for?
做什么用?
It's for a book.
是为一本书拍的。
You're writing a book?
你在写一本书吗?
It's a book of pictures.
这是一本摄影集。
I call it Family Album, U.S.A.
我称之为" 走遍美国" 。
Oh, that's a nice idea.
噢, 这想法不错。
Well, it's fine if you take our picture. 你想为我们拍照就请吧。
I'm Martha Vann.
我叫Martha Vann。
Thank you. I appreciate your help. 谢谢。很感谢你的帮助。
I'm Richard. What's your name?
我是Richard ,你叫什么?
Gerald.
Gerald 。
How old are you, Gerald?
Gerald, 你今年多大?
Five.
五岁。
And where do you live?
你们住哪?
We live in California.
我们住在加利福尼亚州 。 Well, welcome to New York. 噢,欢迎你们到纽约来。 OK, just a second.
好了,请稍等一下。
I'm almost ready here.
我快要准备好了。
Can I help you?
我能帮你忙吗?
Oh, please.
噢,太好了。
Hold Gerald's hand, please. Great! 请握住Gerald 的手。很好! Now point to the buildings. 现在请指着那些建筑物。 Terrific!
好极了!
Give Mommy a kiss, Gerald. Nice! Gerald ,亲一亲妈咪,很棒! Thank you, Gerald.
谢谢你, Gerald 。
And thank you, Mrs. Vann. 谢谢,Vann 太太。
Oh, my pleasure.
噢,不客气。
We'll be looking for your book. 我们一定去买你的书。
Thank you. Good-bye. Bye, Gerald. 谢谢。再见。Gerald ,再见。 Thanks again.
再次感谢 。
Oh, you're welcome.
噢 ,请别客气。
Hey, let me take your picture! 嘿 ,让我给你拍一张照片。 Wonderful. Please.
好啊,请。
Are you from New York? 是从纽约来的吗?
No, I'm from Greece.
不是,我是从希腊来的。 I'm an exchange student. 我是一名交换学生。
When did you come here?
是什么时候来这儿的?
Three months ago.
三个月之前。
Your English is very good.
你的英语说得很好。
Thanks.
谢谢夸奖。
I studied English in school.
我是在学校里学的英语。
Would you like some coffee?
要不要来点咖啡?
No, thank you.
不了,谢谢。
Tell me about your book.
谈谈你的书吧。
Oh, it's not finished yet,
噢,它尚未完成。
but I have some of the pictures.
但我手头有一些照片。
Would you like to see them?
要不要看一看?
Yes. I'd like that.
要啊,我想看一看。
Here they are. Family Album, U.S.A.
就在这。走遍美国。
It's an album of pictures of the United States:
是关于美国的:
the cities, the special places, and the people.
一些城市、一些特别的地方以及人们的摄影选辑。
And these are pictures of people working:
这是人们工作中的照片:
steelworkers, bankers, police, street vendors,
钢架工人、银行职员、警察、 街头小贩、
ambulance drivers, doctors....
救护车驾驶员、医生等等……
Oh, this is my father. He's a doctor.
噢,这是我父亲。他是一名医生 。
This is my mother.
这是我母亲。
What's her name?
她叫什么名字?
Ellen.
Ellen 。
My younger brother, Robbie.
这是我弟弟Robbie 。
He goes to high school.
他在上高中。
This is my sister Susan.
这是我妹妹Susan 。
She works for a toy company.
她在一家玩具公司工作 。
Here's my grandfather. He lives in Florida.
这是我祖父, 他住在在Florida 。
And this is my wife Marilyn.
这是我太太Marilyn 。
Oh, she's very pretty.
噢 , 她很漂亮。
Thanks. And what about your family?
谢谢。那你的家庭呢?
They are in Thessaloniki.
他们住在Thessaloniki 。
That's a large city in northern Greece.
那是希腊北部的一个大城市。
But now I'm living in the Bronx.
但现在我住在Bronx 。
With a Greek-American family?
跟希裔美国家庭住吗?
No. Hispanic.
不是, 是西班牙语裔家庭。
Oh no! It's five thirty.
哎呀, 已经五点半了。
Will you excuse me?
我失陪了。
I have to meet my wife.
我得去接我太太。
It was nice meeting you.
非常高兴遇见你。
It was a pleasure meeting you, too.
我也很高兴碰到你。
Thanks for your help.
谢谢你的帮助。
And good luck! I've got to go.
祝你好运, 我得走了。
By the way, I'm Richard.
噢, 我忘了说, 我叫Richard 。
What's your name?
你呢?
Alexandra.
Alexandra 。
Bye-bye, Alexandra. Thanks.
再见,Alexandra 。谢谢。
Bye-bye. Richard! Richard! You left your bag!
再见,Richard !Ricchard !你掉了一个旅行袋!
Lesson 2
Excuse me, officer.
对不起, 警官。
Can you help me?
你能帮帮我吗?
Sure.
当然可以。
Can you tell me how to get to Linden Street, in Riverdale?
你能告诉我怎么去Riverdale 的林登街?
"Richard Stewart, 46 Linden Street, Riverdale, New York." "Richard Stewart, 林登街46号,Riverdale, 纽约"
You should take the number 1 subway.
应当搭1路地铁。
Is there a station near here?
附近有地铁站吗?
Yes. The station's that way.
有。地铁站在那边。
You should take the number 1 train to Van Cortlandt Park.
搭1路车到Van Cortlandt公园下车。
Number 1 train to Van Cortlandt Park. Thank you.
1路车到Van Cortlandt公园。谢谢。
Anytime. Good luck.
不用谢。祝你好运。
Remember, the number 1 train. The uptown platform.
记住, 搭1路车。在北线月台。
Thank you.
谢谢。
You're welcome.
不客气。
Is this pink too bright for me?
这粉红色对我是不是太过鲜艳了?
Mmm-hmm. It is a very bright pink.
是的, 这种粉红色是鲜艳了点。
Try this. It's size eight.
试试这一件, 尺码是八号。
But I wear size ten.
但我穿十号的衣服。
How about green? It's size ten.
绿的怎么样? 它是十号的。
Let me try it on.
让我试试看。
I'm taking too much of your time.
我耽误了你很多时间。
It's six o'clock.
已经六点了。
Where's my husband?
我丈夫怎么还没来?
I was expecting him here at five forty-five.
我们约好了五点四十五在这儿会面的。
Don't worry. The traffic is very heavy at this hour.
别担心。这个时间交通很忙。
I know. But we're going to be late for dinner.
我知道。但我们晚餐可要迟到了。
I'll take this green sweater.
我买这件绿色毛衣吧。
I like the color on me, don't you?
我觉得这种颜色较适合我, 你说呢?
I think it looks terrific on you.
我觉得你穿上它好极了
I'm sorry I'm so late.
对不起我迟到这么久。
I had a really bad day.
今天真是糟透了。
It's ten after six. We're late.
现在是六点十分。我们晚了。
Robbie's cooking tonight, and dinner's at six thirty.
今晚Robbie 做饭, 晚餐六点半开始。
I know. I know. I'm really sorry.
我知道。我知道。我真的很抱歉。
I left my bag of film on the ferry.
我把装底片的旅行袋遗忘在渡船上。
I went back for it, but the ferry was gone.
等我回去找的时候, 船已经开走了。
I lost a whole day's work.
我浪费了一整天的工作成果。
I'll call the Staten Island Ferry lost-and-found office.
我来打电话给Staten Island渡轮失物招领处。
I didn't think of that. Thanks.
我倒没有想到这个法子。谢了。
Hello.
你好。
Yes. The number, please,
你好。我想问一下,
of the Staten Island Ferry lost-and-found office.
渡轮失物招领处的电话号码。
Five five five...zero eight zero eight.
555...0808。
Thank you.
谢谢。
I really appreciate it, Marilyn.
真的很感谢,Marilyn 。
Hello.
你好。
Did anyone find a camera bag this afternoon,
请问今天下午有人捡到一个照像机旅行袋,
a small canvas bag,
一个小的粗帆布袋?
on the J. F. Kennedy Ferry?...No?
是在J. F. Kennedy渡船上丢的。……没有吗?
Maybe someone will find it.
也许会有人发现的。
The name is Stewart, Richard Stewart.
失主是Stewart ,Richard Stewart。
And the telephone number is five five five...
电话是555......
three oh nine oh. Thank you.
3090。谢谢。
Sorry, Richard. They don't have it.
对不起,Richard 。他们那儿没有。
Thanks, anyway.
不管怎样, 我都得谢谢你。
There was a girl on the ferry.
在渡船上有一个女孩。
Now maybe...
也许现在……
Tell me about it on the way home.
在回家的路上告诉我吧 。
Lesson 3
And give her a teaspoon of the medicine after every meal.
每餐之后给她吃一茶匙的药。
Don't worry. She'll be fine.
不要担心, 她会好的。
You're welcome. Good-bye.
不用谢。再见。
How are you?
你怎么样?
I'm tired and hungry.
我累了, 也饿了。
Well, Marilyn and Richard called.
好啦, Marilyn和Richard 打电话来了。
They'll be here soon, and then we'll eat.
他们马上就到。他们一到就开饭。
All right. Is...is Susan coming?
好吧, Susan来吗?
Well, she'll be here later.
来, 她会晚一点。
She has to work late tonight.
她今晚得工作得晚一些。
And what's Robbie cooking for dinner?
Robbie 为晚餐准备了什么?
It's a surprise.
会给你一个惊喜。
I hope it's pasta.
我希望是意大利通心粉。
Robbie, the dinner was terrific.
Robbie, 晚餐真是棒极了。
Yes, it was delicious.
对, 味道非常好。
What's for dessert?
有什么甜点呢?
Oh, I forgot dessert.
哦, 我忘了甜点了。
Robbie!
Robbie!
Don't worry.
别愁。
We've got lots of ice cream.
我们有很多冰淇淋。
Oh, I'd love some ice cream.
哦, 我想吃冰淇淋。
Well, there's chocolate and coffee and a little vanilla.
好的, 这儿有巧克力冰淇淋, 咖啡冰淇淋和一点香草的。
I'll have vanilla.
我要香草的。
Is that all right with everyone?
各位有意见吗?
I'll have chocolate.
我要巧克力的。
Me, too.
我也是。
Uh, one scoop of coffee and one scoop of chocolate for me. 我要一勺咖啡的和一勺巧克力的。
Robbie, will you help me serve?
Robbie, 你能帮我端么?
I keep thinking about that bag of film. Eight rolls.
我一直在想着旅行袋的事。一共有八卷。
A whole day's work.
一整天的成果呀。
And good stuff, too.
而且都很精采。
Don't worry, Richard.
别担心, Richard。
Someone will find it.
有人会发现它的。
I'll get it. Hello.
我去开门。你好。
Hello.
你好。
Does Richard Stewart live here?
Richard Stewart住在这儿吗?
Yes, he's my brother.
是的,他是我哥哥。
I'm Robbie...Robbie Stewart.
我叫Robbie...Robbie Stewart。
I'm Alexandra Pappas.
我叫Alexandra Pappas。
How do you do?
你好。
Your brother left his bag of film on the ferryboat.
你哥哥将他的旅行袋遗忘在渡船上了。
I found it.
我发现了它。
I'm really glad to see you.
非常高兴见到你。
I mean...my brother'll be really glad to see you!
我的意思是...... 我哥哥见到你会非常高兴。
Robbie! Who is it?
Robbie !是谁呀?
It's Richard's film!
Richard 的底片。
I mean, Alexandra Pappas.
我是说Alexandra Pappas。
Come in, please.
请进。
Alexandra!
Alexandra !
Hello, Richard. I found your bag!
你好, Richard。 我捡到你的旅行袋。
Oh, thank you! Thank you!
哦, 谢谢, 谢谢!
Um...Alexandra, let me introduce you.
噢……Alexandra,让我介绍一下。
This is my wife Marilyn.
这是我太太Marilyn 。
Richard showed me your photo.
Richard 给我看了你的照片。
How do you do?
你好。
Oh yes. Richard told us all about you.
哦。 Richard 跟我们谈起你。
It's nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你。
And this is my mother, Ellen Stewart.
这是我妈妈,Ellen Stewart。
How do you do?
你好。
And my father, Dr. Philip Stewart.
这是我父亲,Philip Stewart医生。
Nice to meet you, Alexandra.
很高兴见到你, Alexandra。
And...ah...you met Robbie.
还有……啊, 你已经见过Robbie 。
Yes. And you must be Susan. Hi.
是的。那你一定是Susan 了, 你好。
Hi. Welcome.
嗨, 欢迎。
I'm so glad you found the bag and took the time and trouble to return it. 我很高兴你发现了旅行袋而且不怕麻烦, 花时间将它送来。 Oh, it was no trouble.
哦, 没什么麻烦。
I just took the wrong train.
只是我坐错了车。
Would you like something to eat?
来吃点东西, 好吗?
Thank you, no.
谢谢, 不用了。
I'm late for dinner at my house.
我回家吃晚饭要迟到了。
I really have to go.
我真的得走了。
Would you like to call home?
你想跟家里通个电话吗?
I'd appreciate that.
谢谢你(让我使用电话) 。
Please, use the phone.
请随便用。
Thanks. Excuse me.
谢谢。失陪一下。
Alexandra's a high-school exchange student from Greece. Alexandra 是从希腊来的交换高中生。
Where does she live?
她住在哪儿?
With a family in the Bronx.
住在Bronx 区的一个家庭 。
Oh, that's not too far from here!
噢, 那儿不是很远!
Take it easy, Robbie.
不要太紧张,Robbie 。
Thank you.
谢谢。
I can only stay a few minutes.
我只能停留几分钟。
Have some iced tea.
喝点冰茶吧。
Thanks, Mrs. Stewart.
谢谢, Stewart太太 。
Please sit down, Alexandra.
请坐 ,Alexandra 。
So, you're an exchange student.
哦, 你是一名交换学生。
Where do you go to school?
在哪儿上学?
At the Bronx High School of Science.
在Bronx 区的理科中学读书。
Oh, that's a very good school.
哦, 那是个好学校。
What are your favorite subjects?
喜欢哪些课程?
Biology and mathematics.
生物学和数学。
Richard tells me you're a doctor.
Richard 告诉我您是医生。
Yes, a pediatrician.
是的, 小儿科医生。
And what does your father do?
令尊是做什么的?
He's a lawyer, in Thessaloniki.
他是Thessaloniki 的一名律师。
Would you like some pasta?
你想不想来点意大利通心粉?
I made it myself.
我自己做的。
It might be a little cold.
可能有点凉了。
Thanks, no. I do have to go.
谢谢, 不用了。我真的得走了。
It was nice meeting you all.
很高兴见到你们一家。
Well, maybe you'll come for lunch some Sunday, 既然如此, 或许哪个星期天能来吃中饭。
so we can really thank you for bringing Richard's bag back. 让我们好好的感谢你送回Richard 的旅行袋。 Maybe.
再说。
You're welcome anytime.
欢迎你随时来玩。
Good-bye.
再见。
Can I drive you home?
我开车送你回去好吗?
No, thanks.
不用了, 谢谢。
The train is just up the street.
地铁就在街的那一头。
It won't take me long at all.
不需要花很长时间的。
Well, you really saved the day for me, Alexandra. 你真的帮了我一个大忙,Alexandra 。
Bye.
再见。
再见。
Good night.
晚安。
She's a smart young lady, and very nice.
她是个聪明的年轻姑娘, 而且很善良。
Very! Hey, she forgot her bag!
十分! 嘿, 她忘了她的包!
I guess we'll be seeing Alexandra again.
我想我们不久又将见到Alexandra 。
Right, Robbie?
对吧,Robbie?
Lesson 4
Excuse me. Can you help me?
对不起,你能帮我么?
Sure, what do you want?
可以啊, 什么事?
Where is 83 Wooster Street?
Wooster 街83号在哪?
That's easy. Walk to the corner.
很好找。你走到拐角,
Then make a left turn.
然后向左转,
Then walk two blocks to the traffic light.
接着走两条街到红绿灯,
Make another left to Wooster.
再向左转就到了Wooster 街了。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
To the corner and then a left?
走到拐角向左转,对吗?
Yeah. A left.
是的,向左转。
Hot dog? Only seventy-five cents.
要热狗吗?只要七十五美分。
No. Thank you. I have a dinner date.
不,谢谢。我要去赴晚餐约会。
555-9470...and it's busy....
555-9470……占线……
再试一次。
555-9470...and it's still busy.
555-9470……还是忙。
Excuse me, ma'am.
对不起,夫人。
I'm looking for 83 Wooster Street.
我想找Wooster 街83号。
Yes. Wooster Street is two blocks,
噢,Wooster 街是两条街区,
and 83 is to the right, about two houses.
83号是在右边,大约过两栋房子就到了。
Thank you, thank you!
谢谢,谢谢!
You're welcome.
不用谢。
Who is it?
谁呀?
Harry Bennett. Is this Susan?
Harry Bennett。是Susan 吗?
Yes, it is. Come up.
是的,是我。请上来。
I'm on the top floor.
我在顶层。
Hello, Harry. It's nice to meet you.
你好,Harry 。很高兴见到你。
Nice to meet you, Susan.
很高兴见到你,Susan 。
Sorry I'm late.
很抱歉我迟到了。
The traffic. The parking. I was lost.
交通拥挤,又找不到停车的地方,而且我又迷路了!
What pretty flowers! Thank you.
好漂亮的花! 谢谢你。
Oh, please come in.
噢,请进来。
Don't worry about being late. It's fine.
别为迟到担心了,没有关系的。
Excuse the mess. I just moved here.
请不要介意这儿乱得很,我刚刚搬来住。
Oh, I'd like you to meet my sister-in-law Marilyn.
噢,我来向你介绍我嫂子Marilyn 。
Marilyn Stewart, this is Harry Bennett.
Marilyn Stewart,这是Harry Bennett 。
Pleased to meet you.
很高兴见到你。
Nice to meet you, Harry.
我也很高兴见到你,Harry 。
Are we too late for our dinner reservation?
我们会不会错过晚餐订位的时间?
No, the restaurant will hold our table.
不会,餐厅会保留我们的席位。
I know the owner very well.
我和老板很熟。
I eat there a lot.
我在那儿吃过好多次。
Do you know the phone number of the restaurant?
知道那家餐厅的电话号码么?
I'd like to call home and leave the number with the baby-sitter. 我想打电话回家把餐厅的电话告诉临时保姆。
Sure. The number is... five five five...seventeen twenty.
没问题,号码是555--1720。
May I use the phone?
我可以用一下电话吗?
Five five five...one seven two oh. Hello?
555-1720 , 喂?
Hi, Michelle. It's Daddy.
嗨,Michelle 。是爸爸。
Can I speak to Betty?
我能跟Betty 说话吗?
I want to leave the phone number of the restaurant...
我要留餐厅的电话号码给她......
Hi, Betty. I'll be at five five five...seventeen twenty.
好,Betty 。我的电话号码是555-1720。
OK. Thanks. See you later.
好,谢谢。再见。
Well, that's done. Shall we go?
好了,打完了。我们可以走了吗?
I'm ready. See you later, Marilyn.
我准备好了。Marilyn ,再见。
Have a nice evening.
祝你们今晚愉快。
Bye, Marilyn. Hope to see you again.
再见,Marilyn 。希望能再次见面。
Me, too. Have fun!
我也是。祝你们玩得愉快!
Thanks.
谢谢。
After you.
请先走。
Lesson 5
Ah! Miss Stewart! Welcome!
嗨!Stewart 小姐!欢迎光临!
How are you?
最近好吗?
Fine, Somsak. And you?
很好,Somsak ,你呢?
Fine, thank you.
很好,谢谢。
This is my friend Harry Bennett.
这是我的朋友Harry Bennett。
Pleased to meet you.
很高兴见到你。
Very nice to meet you.
很愉快见到你。
Any friend of Miss Stewart's is welcome at Somsak's.
Stewart 小姐的任何朋友,Somsak 餐厅都是很欢迎的。 Follow me, please.
请跟我来。
I like it here.
我喜欢这儿。
I do, too. I come here often.
我也是。我常来这儿 。
A special place for special people.
这是为特殊人物而设的特别地方。
Thank you, Somsak.
谢谢你,Somsak 。
Well! Nice restaurant.
嘿,这是一家好餐厅。
Would you like something to drink?
你们要点什么饮料吗?
Yes, I'd like a glass of ginger ale with ice.
是的,我要一杯加冰块的姜味汽水。
Harry, what would you like?
Harry, 你要什么?
Do you have a dry white wine?
你这儿有涩白酒吗?
How about a California chablis?
来一杯California 白葡萄酒,好么?
Chablis is fine.
好的。
What would you like to eat?
你们要吃点什么?
I'd like the mee krob.
我喜欢mee krob。
Harry, would you like to see a menu?
Harry, 你想看看菜谱么?
No, it's Ok.
不用,没有关系。
I'll have the mee krob also.
我也要mee krob。
What is it?
那是什么?
Crispy fried noodles. I love them.
酥炒面条。我喜欢吃。
May I bring you a salad?
要不要给你来点色拉?
Oh yes.
噢,好啊。
What do you recommend today?
今天你推荐什么色拉?
I recommend rose petal salad.
我向你们推荐玫瑰花瓣色拉。
Special for new friends.
特地为新朋友准备的。
Rose petal salad?
玫瑰花瓣色拉好吗?
Why not?
有何不可?
I'll take care of everything.
我会好好照料一切。
I hope you're hungry.
我猜想你饿了。
What? Oh, yes. Starving. Well, I...
什么?噢,是的。我很饿。好啦,我……
Well, What do you do at Universe Toy Company?
好啦,你在宇宙玩具公司做什么工作?
I'm the vice-president of new toy development.
我是负责新玩具开发的副总裁。
Terrific!
了不起!
I know you 're a CPA.
我知道你是一位会计师。
That's true. Harry Bennett,
是的。Harry Bennet,
certified public accountant.
职业会计师。
I love numbers.
我喜欢数字。
I do some work for Smith and Dale, Your company's accounting firm. 我为贵公司的会计顾问公司Smith 和Dale 事务所做一些工作。 And so...
所以……
Here we are.
所以我们才有缘相见。
Yes.
是啊。
I have a daughter.
我有一个女儿。
I know. How old is she?
我知道。她多大了?
She's nine years old.
她九岁。
That's a nice age. What's her name?
正是美妙年龄。她什么名字?
Michelle.
Michelle 。
Do you have a picture of her?
你有她的照片吗?
She's very pretty.
她很漂亮。
Thank you.
谢谢 。
Rose petal salad.
玫瑰花瓣色拉。
And there's a phone call for you, Mr. Bennett.
Bennett 先生,有你的电话。
Excuse me, Susan.
对不起,Susan 。
I hope nothing is wrong.
但愿没有事。
I'll get the rest of the dinner.
我去把晚餐的其余东西端来。
Excuse me.
失陪。
Please forgive me, Susan, but...
请原谅我,Susan ,可是……
I have to leave. I feel terrible, but...
我得走了。真是糟糕透了,但……
What's the matter?
发生了什么事?
My daughter isn't feeling well.
我女儿感到不舒服。
Oh no! Is it serious?
噢,糟糕。严重吗?
I don't know. The baby-sitter says she has a stomachache, 我不知道。临时保姆说她肚子痛,
and she's crying.
并且她一直哭。
I'll have to go home.
我必须回家一趟。
Will you forgive me?
你能原谅我吗?
Of course. I'm so sorry for Michelle.
当然。我为Michelle 担心。
And you didn't have a chance to eat.
可是你什么也没有吃。
Oh, it's OK.
噢,没关系。
Let me take you home first.
先让我送你回家吧。
No, no. Please, go ahead.
不用,不用。你放心走吧。
It's our first date.
这可是我们的第一次约会。
We'll make another.
我们还可以再次约会的。
Please don't worry.
请别挂在心上。
I'll phone you.
我会给你打电话的。
I hope your daughter is all right. Good-bye.
我希望你女儿安然无恙。再见。
Good-bye.
再见。
Lesson 6
What happened?
怎么了?
The baby-sitter called.
他临时保姆打电话来了。
His daughter is sick.
说他女儿生病了。
What's wrong?
什么病?
I think she has a stomachache.
我想她是肚子痛。
He's a good father.
他是个好父亲。
So... what do you think of him?
那么……你觉得他怎么样?
He's very nice.
他很不错。
But I think he was nervous tonight.
但我猜想他今晚有点紧张。
It was his first date in two years.
这是他两年来第一次约会。
Will you see him again?
你会再见他吗?
I hope so.
我希望如此。
This food is delicious.
这菜的味道不错。
He didn't get a thing to eat.
他什么也没有吃。
You ordered enough for three or four people,
你叫了够三、四个人吃的,
but I'm not complaining.
但我不在意。
The food is delicious.
菜好吃极了。
Who is that?
那是谁呀?
Do you think it's...
你想会是……
No. You won't believe it, Marilyn!
不会。 简直无法相信,Marilyn !
I believe it. Even without looking.
我能相信。即使不看我也知道。
Hi!
嗨!
How...?
你怎么……
Your downstairs neighbor let me in.
你楼下的邻居让我进来的。
Did you go home?
你回家了吗?
I did , but everything is OK,
回去了,但一切安好。
so I decided to come back.
于是我决定回来。
To apologize for leaving so early,
为了表示对我提早离开的歉意,
I brought you a little gift.
我给你带了一件小礼物。
It's a bonsai tree for your new apartment.
这是一颗盆栽,给你的新公寓。
Hi, Marilyn. I hope it's not too late.
好,Marilyn 。 我希望我来得不算太晚。
Oh, not at all. We're still eating.
噢,没关系。我们还在吃着呢。
Please, come in. Join us.
请进。跟我们一起吃吧。
It's our meal from the restaurant.
这是从餐厅带回来的的菜。
And how is your daughter?
对了,你女儿怎么样?
Oh, she's fine.
噢,她没事了。
It was only a tummy ache.
仅仅是肚子有点痛。
It's good that you went back.
你回去是对的。
Yes, I think it's important for me to be there
是的,我想我在场是非常重要的
since her mother died.
因为她妈妈去世了。
I agree. Aren't you hungry?
我想是的。你饿了吗?
As a matter of fact... I am hungry.
老实说……我饿了。
There's lots of food left.
这儿还剩下很多食物。
Mmm, this is delicious!
嗯,很好吃!
Enjoy!
那就享受吧!
I'm going to excuse myself.
很抱歉失陪。
I have a lot of work to do to get ready for tomorrow. 我得为明天做许多准备工作。
Good night, Harry. It was nice meeting you.
晚安,Harry ,很高兴与你见面。
Bye, Marilyn.
再见,Marilyn 。
Good night, Susan.
晚安,Susan 。
Good night, Marilyn.
晚安,Marilyn 。
She's going to a fashion show here in the city tomorrow. 她将参加明天在本市举行的时装表演。
She is sleeping here
她晚上住在这儿
so she won't have to travel from Riverdale in the morning. 免得早上从Riverdale 赶过来。
You two must be close.
你们两个关系一定很好。
we are.
是的。
The whole Stewart family is close.
Stewart 全家相处都很好。
I like that.
我喜欢这样。
And then, two years ago, my wife died.
接着,两年前,我妻子去世了。
You miss her.
你思念她。
I do...yes, but I have Michelle...
不错……是的,但我还有Michelle……
and with time...
而且随着时间流逝……
Is there anyone else in your life?
在你生活中还有别的女人吗?
No, not yet. What about you?
不,还没有。你呢?
Oh, I date occasionally,
哦,我偶尔约约会,
but my work keeps me busy.
但我老是忙于工作。
Ooh, speaking of keeping busy-
哦,说到忙于工作---
I have an early start tomorrow, 我明天还得早起,
and the baby-sitter has to get home. 而且临时保姆也该回家了。 Where did the time go?
时间过得真快!
It's midnight.
都午夜了。
Thank you, Susan.
谢谢,Susan 。
I had a nice evening.
我度过了一个愉快的夜晚。 Me, too, Harry.
我也很愉快,Harry 。
Harry?
Harry?
Yes?
什么事?
I'd like to meet your daughter someday. 我希望有一天能见见你女儿。
Does that mean that I can see you again? 是不是说我可以再与你见面? Of course.
当然。
Wonderful. I'll call you,
那太好了。我会打电话给你, and we'll go out to dinner.
然后我们到外面吃晚饭。
Please do.
好呀。
I promise I won't leave early. 我发誓我再也不会提早走了。 It was for a good reason.
你今天早走是有原因的。
You know something?
知道吗?
What?
什么?
I think we're going to be good friends. 我想我们可以成为好朋友的。 Good night, Susan.
再见,Susan 。
Good night, Harry,
再见,Harry
Have a safe trip home. 路上小心点。
Are you all right?
你怎么了?
Sorry.
对不起。
I never liked that umbrella stand. 我一直嫌那伞架碍事。 Good night, Harry.
再见,Harry.