爱因斯坦的宇宙
爱因斯坦的宇宙
But the landmark event—the dawn of a new age—came in 1905, when there appeared in the German physics journal Annalen der Physik a series of papers by a young Swiss bureaucrat who had no university affiliation, no access to a laboratory, and the regular use of no library greater than that of the national patent office in Bern, where he was employed as a technical examiner third class. (An application to be promoted to technical examiner second class had recently been rejected.)
但是,划时代意义的事件——一个新时代的黎明——要到1905年才发生。当时,德国的物理学杂志《物理学年鉴》发表了一系列论文,作者是一位年轻的瑞士职员。他没有上过大学,没有用过实验室,通常跑的也只是伯尔尼国家专利局的小小图书馆。他是专利局的三级技术审查员。(他申请提升为二级审查员,但遭到了拒绝。)
His name was Albert Einstein, and in that one eventful year he submitted to Annalen der Physik five papers, of which three, according to C. P. Snow, “were among the greatest in the history of physics”—one examining the photoelectric effect by means of Planck’s new quantum theory, one on the behavior of small particles in suspension (what is known as Brownian motion), and one outlining a special theory of relativity.
他的名字叫阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦。在那个重要的一年,他向《物理学年鉴》递交了五篇论文,用C.P.斯诺的话来说,其中三篇“称得上是物理学史上最伟大的作品”——一篇使用普朗克刚刚提出的量子理论审视光电效应,一篇论述悬浮小粒子的状况(即现在所谓的布朗运动),一篇概述了狭义相对论。
爱因斯坦
The first won its author a Nobel Prize and explained the nature of light (and also helped to make television possible, among other things). 3 The second provided proof that atoms do indeed exist—a fact that had, surprisingly, been in some dispute. The third merely changed the world.
第一篇解释了光的性质(还促使许多事情成为可能,其中包括电视),为作者赢得了一个诺贝尔奖。第二篇提供了证据,证明原子确实存在——令人吃惊的是,这个事实过去一直存在一些争议。第三篇完全改变了世界。
经验与记忆之谜
But Danny, the whole American endeavor is about life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness.
可是丹尼,生命、自由和追求快乐是所有美国人奋斗的目标。
If people took seriously that finding,
假若大家都认真对待这一发现,
I mean, it seems to turn upside down everything we believe about, like for example, taxation policy and so forth.
那么,这将颠覆我们固有的观念,例如,课税政策等。
Is there any chance that politicians, that the country generally,
这个国家的政治人物有没有可能
would take a finding like that seriously and run public policy based on it?
会正视这样的发现并且依次施政?
You know I think that there is recognition of the role of happiness research in public policy. 我认为已有人认知到研究快乐于谋划政策中的地位。
The recognition is going to be slow in the United States, no question about that,
但这项认知于美国的传播速度颇慢,这是毋庸置疑的,
but in the U.K., it is happening, and in other countries it is happening.
但在英国,它正持续发酵,其他国家亦然。
People are recognizing that they ought to be thinking of happiness when they think of public policy.
一般人也开始认知到,在谋划政策时亦应将快乐纳入考量指标。
经验与记忆之谜
It's going to take a while, and people are going to debate
虽然这将花些时间,但人们也将开始思考。
whether they want to study experience happiness, or whether they want to study life evaluation, 他们要的是经验的快乐,抑或是为生活打分,
so we need to have that debate fairly soon.
因此很快,我们将要理解这个问题。
How to enhance happiness goes very different ways depending on how you think,
如何增进快乐有好几种方式,但事关你是怎么想的,
and whether you think of the remembering self or you think of the experiencing self.
你想的是记忆自我还是在想经验自我。
This is going to influence policy, I think, in years to come.
我想于几年之内,这将影响政策的实施。
In the United States, efforts are being made to measure the experience happiness of the population. 美国已经付出巨大的努力来衡量大众的经验的快乐。
This is going to be, I think, within the next decade or two, part of national statistics.
我想在十年或二十年内,这将会成为国家统计数据的一部分。
Well, it seems to me that this issue will -- or at least should be --
这个议题对于我来说
the most interesting policy discussion to track over the next few years.
将会是未来几年里最有的一个政策讨论议题。
Thank you so much for inventing behavioral economics. Thank you, Danny Kahneman. 非常感谢您所创造的行为经济学。非常感谢丹尼尔·卡纳曼。
演讲简介:
通过使用休假和胃肠镜检查的例子,诺贝尔奖获得者及行为经济学创始者丹尼尔·卡纳曼向我们揭示了“经验自我”和“记忆自我”是如何使用不同角度来理解快乐。这一新见解将会对经济领域、公共政策领域以及我们的自我意识产生深远的影响。
探访监狱
Hey, Shonda. Who are you here to see?
珊妲,你是来探视谁呢
Who's available? I'm just cracking wise. You know I'm here to see Squirm.
谁有空啊?开玩笑嘛,我当然是来找蠕爷的
Search her. Damn. Is it my turn again? Next.
搜查她全身吧。靠,怎么又是我。下一位
We're not on that list. We didn't call ahead.
我们没在名单上,我们没预约
Leave it to me. I've gotten into every club I've ever wanted to get into.
我来处理。我没有想进却进不去的地方
Hi. Caroline Channing plus one.
卡洛琳·钱宁,带一朋友
I don't see you on the list.
你不在名单上啊
Really? That's weird. We should be on the list. We're always on the list.
真的吗,怪事。我们应该在名单上啊,一直都是这样
Max, we're not on the list.
麦克斯,我们不在名单上
We're not? I'm going to kill my assistant.
不在名单上吗,我要宰了我助理
打工姐妹花第一季
Oh, I know. It might be under Deangelo Jefferson.
我知道了。应该是在德安杰洛·杰佛逊的名下吧
Come on, girls. Don't waste my time.
女士们,别浪费我时间了
I'd like to see a manager.
我要见你们主管
There's no manager. It's a prison.
这里没有主管。这里是监狱
Well, then who runs this place?
那这里谁管事
Well, the Aryan brotherhood is getting pretty strong.
雅利安兄弟会最近势力挺庞大的
This is such amateur hour. Give me 50 bucks for the door guy.
真是石头脑袋不开窍。给我50块塞给这看门的吧
Are you seriously trying to bribe an officer of the law while inside a prison?
你不会是真想在监狱里贿赂一名警官吧
That's a federal offense. Is it?
这可是重罪。真的吗?
Probably. Look, I should have you thrown out for even suggesting it. We do not accept bribes. 应该吧。光冲着你们这想法,我就该把你们轰出去。我们这里不收贿赂
Okay, fine. I'll let you take your sweet time searching me on the way in.
好吧,好吧。如果你放我们进去,做全身检查时,我让你检查"到底"呢
These two are clear to go through.
这两位女士可以进去了
Max, you can't do that for me.
麦克斯,你不需要为我这么牺牲
It's really for me. It's been a while. Woot, woot.
我是为了自己,好久没人"碰"过我了。哟呵,哟呵
Ralph got hooked. His wife was often annoyed by the hours he spent at his computer and the money he spent upgrading it. My marriage had no such strains ― until I discovered e-mail. Then I got hooked. E-mail draws me the same way the phone does: it's a souped-up conversation.
拉尔夫上瘾了。他在电脑上耗的时间太长,又花大笔钱来升级电脑,经常惹妻子生气。在我发现电子邮件之前,我的婚姻从未有过类似的紧张局面。但电子邮件让我上瘾了,它吸引着我,就像是升级版的电话聊天。
E-mail deepened my friendship with Ralph. Though his office was next to mine, we rarely had extended conversations because he is shy. Face to face he mumbled, so I could barely tell what he was speaking. But when we both got e-mail, I started www.zycaihui.comreceiving long, self-revealing messages; we poured our hearts out to each other. A friend discovered that e-mail opened up that kind of communication with her father. He would never talk much on the phone (as her mother would), but they have become close since they both got on line.
电子邮件加深了我和拉尔夫的友谊。虽然他的办公室就在我隔壁,但我们总聊不了几句,因为他很害羞。面对面交谈时,他说话含糊不清,我都听不清他在说什么。但有了电子邮件后,我开始收到他推心置腹的长篇邮件;我们彼此互诉衷肠。有个朋友发现电子邮件打开了她和父亲之间的交流之门。父亲不会在电话里说个没完(不像她母亲那样),但是父女在网上却亲密无间。
Why, I wondered, would some men find it easier to open up on e-mail? It's a combination of the technology (which they enjoy) and the obliqueness of the written word, just as many men will reveal feelings in dribs and drabs while riding in the car or doing something, which they'd never talk about sitting face to face. It's too intense, too bearing-down on them, and once you start you have to keep going. With a computer in between, it's easier.
我想知道,为什么有些男人在电子邮件里更容易敞开心扉?这可以归结为技术的力量(他们对技术乐此不疲)和文字的委婉。正如很多男人在开车或者做事的时候会偶尔流露情感,但他们却不肯坐下来面对面地吐露心迹。对男人来说,这样气氛太紧张,压力过大,况且你一旦开始吐露就不能停止。而有一台电脑在中间,交流就轻松多了。
心灵相契
He's telling Kathryn.
他要去和凯思琳坦白了
Everything?
所有的事
Everything.
所有的
David? David, come take a look. I found a whole bunch of great apartment options.
戴维 戴维 过来看看 我找到好几处不错的公寓
I have no idea which neighborhood to look at, but Have you ever been to Boston?
可不知道该找哪个街区里的 你去过波士顿吗
No. No, I've never been.
没有 我从没去过
Maybe we should ask the sheriff, Emma. She's from there. She could probably help…Kathryn. 或许我们该去问艾玛警长 她是从那里来的 她大概会帮...凯思琳
I can't go to Boston with you.
我不能和你去波士顿
Can't... or won't?
不能 还是不愿
I'm sorry. I am so, so sorry. I don't know what to say.
抱歉 真的很抱歉 我不知道该说什么
Try the truth.
那就说实话
David, is there something going on that I don't know about?
戴维 是不是发生了什么我不知道的事
No. No, something happened.
不是 不 确有事发生了
I don't know what it is, but there is something that's preventing me... from connecting, and it's not fair to you to let that screw up your life.
我不知道是什么 但有些东西 让我无法...与你心灵相契 而这不该扰乱了你的生活 对你不公平
You're right. You need a fresh start. It's just not with me.
你是对的 你需要新的开始 但不是和我一起
a bunch (of sth)大量;大批:
I have a whole bunch of stuff to do this morning.
我今天上午有一大堆活儿。
fair (to / on sb)合理的;恰当的;适当的:
a fair deal / wage / price / question
公平交易;合理的工资;公道的价格;恰当的问题
The punishment was very fair.
这个处罚很公正。
prevent sb / sth (from doing sth)阻止;阻碍;阻挠:
The accident could have been prevented.
这次事故本来是可以防止的。
He is prevented by law from holding a licence.
法律不准他持有执照。
screw up搞糟;搅乱;弄坏
You really screwed up there!
你实在是搞了个一塌糊涂!
该剧主要讲述了一位有着困扰过去的女性Emma来到缅因州的一个充满魔法的小镇上,遇到各种神奇经历的冒险故事。
Love Yourself
贾斯汀·比伯(Justin Bieber),1994年3月1日出生于加拿大斯特拉特福,加拿大歌手。2008年,贾斯汀·比伯被其经纪人斯科特在YouTuBe发现,随后被亚瑟小子培养进入歌坛。 2009年发行第一张个人专辑《My World》。 2010年,贾斯汀·比伯获得美国AMA音乐奖年度艺人。2011年,贾斯汀·比伯和赛琳娜·戈麦斯相恋。2013年,比伯发行现场专辑《Believe Acoustic》,并凭借专辑《Believe》获得了第40届AMA全美音乐奖最佳艺人奖。
2.jpg
Love Yourself - Justin Bieber
For all the times that you rain on my parade
一直以来 你就是淋湿我天堂的雨水
And all the clubs you get in using my name
你习惯打着我的名号混进每个夜店
You think you broke my heart oh girl for goodness sake
你以为你伤透我心 但女孩看在上帝份上省省吧
You think I'm crying oh my oh well no I ain't
你以为我会为你伤心哭泣 好吧 我根本就不会
And I didn't wanna write a song cause
甚至我都不愿写歌怀念你
I didn't want anyone thinking I still care
因为我不想让别人觉得我还在乎你
I don't but you still hit my phone up
你不停打我电话而我早就不联系你了
And baby I be movin' on and I think you should be somethin'
宝贝 我早就放下了 我想你也应该释怀
I don't wanna hold back maybe you should know that
我不愿自己沉沦过往 或许你应该明白
My mama don't like you and she likes everyone
我妈妈人见人爱独独不喜欢你
And I never like to admit that I was wrong
我从不愿意承认曾经我的过错
And I've been so caught up in my job didn't see
一直以来我都醉心工作 不明白
what's going on
我们怎会变成这样
And now I know I'm better sleeping on my own
如今我已明白我更喜欢安枕独眠
Cause if you like the way you look that much
如果你也更喜欢原来的自己
Oh baby you should go and love yourself
宝贝 释怀吧 放手吧 好好爱自己
And if you think that I'm still holdin' on to somethin'
如果你以为我依然怀念曾经美好
You should go and love yourself
你就该释怀放手 好好爱自己
But when you told me that you hated my friends
当你对我说你不喜欢我的朋友们时
The only problem was with you and not them
其实问题出在你身上并不是他们
And every time you told me my opinion was wrong
每一次你反驳我意见并不可取时
And tried to make me forget where I came from
你都会让我忘了真正的自我
And I didn't wanna write a song
甚至我都不愿写歌怀念你
Cause I didn't want anyone thinking I still care
因为我不想让别人觉得我还在乎你
I don't but you still hit my phone up
你不停打我电话而我早就不联系你了
And baby I be movin' on and I think you should be somethin'
宝贝 我早就放下了 我想你也应该释怀
I don't wanna hold back maybe you should know that
我不愿自己沉沦过往 或许你应该明白
My mama don't like you and she likes everyone
我妈妈人见人爱独独不喜欢你
And I never like to admit that I was wrong
我从不愿意承认曾经我的过错
And I've been so caught up in my job didn't see
一直以来我都醉心工作 不明白
what's going on
我们怎会变成这样
And now I know I'm better sleeping on my own
如今我已明白我更喜欢安枕独眠
Cause if you like the way you look that much
如果你也更喜欢原来的自己
Oh baby you should go and love yourself
宝贝 释怀吧 放手吧 好好爱自己
And if you think that I'm still holdin' on to somethin'
如果你以为我依然怀念曾经美好
You should go and love yourself
你就该释怀放手 好好爱自己
For all the times that you made me feel small
一直以来你都让我感觉自己是如此渺小
I fell in love now I fear nothin' at all
此刻我深陷爱河 却无所畏惧
I never felt so low when I was vulnerable
脆弱不堪时也从未如此失落
Was I a fool to let you break down my walls
是否是我太笨让你卸下我的心房
Cause if you like the way you look that much
如果你也更喜欢原来的自己
Oh baby you should go and love yourself
宝贝 释怀吧 放手吧 好好爱自己
And if you think that I'm still holdin' on to somethin'
如果你以为我依然怀念曾经美好
You should go and love yourself
你就该释怀放手 好好爱自己
Cause if you like the way you look that much
如果你也更喜欢原来的自己
Oh baby you should go and love yourself
宝贝 释怀吧 放手吧 好好爱自己
And if you think that I'm still holdin' on to somethin'
如果你以为我依然怀念曾经美好
You should go and love yourself
你就该释怀放手 好好爱自己
坏哥哥
He's not a white-haired divorced man named Esteban?
他不是一个叫埃斯特班的白发离婚男人吗?
Esteban? No, lady. He's a bear who enjoys his refrigerator and cooking fine cuisine.
埃斯特班?不,女士。他是一只喜欢待在冰箱里和烹饪美食的熊。
Mm, I don't think so. That's not what I'm reading.
我不这么认为。我读到的不是这那样。
What? Well, I do think so lady.
什么?确实是这样。
He's our little brother. We know everything about him.
他是我们的弟弟。我们知道他的一切。
Then why did you lose him? Maybe you guys are just bad brothers.
那你们怎么还会弄丢他?也许你们就是坏哥哥。
裸熊18.jpeg
What? ! You're out of line, lady. And this whole thing seems pretty shady to me.
什么?!你太过分了,女士。所有这些东西在我看来都好可疑。
Maybe it's because she's not a real psychic.
也许因为她不是真的灵媒。
What? How dare you?
什么?你好大的胆子!
That's not even a real crow. And your crystal ball is really a snow globe. - No!
这乌鸦都不是真的。而且你的水晶球只是个雪花玻璃球。- 不!
Okay, what am I thinking? You can't tell me because you don't know. You're a big faker. - That's a real crystal ball. I think you don't know the difference between crystal ball and a snow globe.
好吧,知道我怎么想吗?你说不出来是因为你根本不知道。你是大骗子。- 那是真的水晶球。我觉得你根本不知道水晶球和雪花球有什么区别。
Aha! I know where he is. Come on, pan, let's bounce. We're coming for you, brother. Captain craboo is coming with us.
啊!我知道他在哪了。走了,胖胖,离开这。我们来找你了,兄弟。螃蟹队长也和我们一起。 We're about to close.
快到了。
Thank you. Look, there he is. He looks so peaceful.
谢谢。看,他在那。他看起来很安详。
Let's go get him.
我们去找他。
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hang on. Let him be. He's had a long day.
别别别。等一下,让他躺着吧。他今天够忙的了。
Comfy? Okay, if you need anything else, www.edu800.cnjust give me a holler.
舒服吗?好了,如果你需要什么,叫我一声就行。
Oh, and look who came to say hi. It's stylish craboo with a brand-new look. I guess you guys could just bond another time.
看看谁要你和打招呼呢。戴着时髦手套的时髦螃蟹。我想你们还是下次再联络感情吧。 Let me turn on your favorite telly show. There you go, bud.
我帮你调到你最喜欢的节目。好了,兄弟。
Well, if you need anything else, please let us know.
如果你还需要什么,一定要告诉我。
Sorry, one last thing. Got it...Pudding pop. Okay, bye.
抱歉,最后一次。找到了 ...布丁冰棒。好了,拜。
Ice bear is good.
北极熊没事。
匹诺曹再被捕
Poor Pinocchio huddled close to the doghouse more dead than alive from cold, hunger, and fright.
可怜的皮诺乔靠在狗屋旁瑟缩着,生不如死的又冷,又饿,又怕。
Now and again he pulled and tugged at the collar which nearly choked him and cried out in a weak voice:
他不断地把手插到勒住他喉咙几乎让他窒息的颈圈里,用微弱的声音哭着说:
"I deserve it! Yes, I deserve it! I have been nothing but a truant and a vagabond.
“我这是活该!是的,我活该!我成了一个懒汉和流浪汉!
I have never obeyed anyone and I have always done as I pleased.
我从不听别人的话,总是任意妄为。
说谎2.jpg
If I were only like so many others and had studied and worked and stayed with my poor old father, I should not find myself here now, in this field and in the darkness, taking the place of a farmer's watchdog.
如果我像别的孩子一样,做个好孩子,读书和劳动,和我可怜的爸爸在一起,那我这会儿就不会在这漆黑的田野当中,做一只狗给一个农民看门了。
Oh, if I could start all over again! But what is done can't be undone, and I must be patient!" 噢,要是我能重来就好了!可是覆水难收,我只能忍耐!”
After this little sermon to himself, which came from the very depths of his heart, Pinocchio went into the doghouse and fell asleep.
从内心深处对自己说教完后,皮诺乔走进狗屋,睡着了。
End of Chapter.
本章结束。