英语对话练习
(1)
How’s your company going?你们公司的情况怎么样?
Not bad, but at the beginning of the year it didn’t run so well.还好,但在年初不太好。
What about its future?将来会怎么样?
I’m very optimistic that things will continue to turn for the better. I’m pretty certain that our output will continue.我很乐观,情况会好转。我确信我们的产量会提高。
XXX(name), I’ve heard that your company has very generous fringe benefit policies. Is that true? Xxx,我听说你们公司有慷慨的福利政策。是真的吗?
That’s the truth. But you know many foreign-invested companies have that, not only our company. 是真的。但你知道许多外企都是这样,并不仅仅是我们公司。
We don’t. Then what specific policies do you have?
我们公司就没有。你们有什么具体的福利呢?
Well, we have health insurance, endowment insurance, transportation allowances, luncheon allowances, and subsidized housing.我们有健康保险、人寿保险、交通补贴、午餐补贴和住房补贴。
Oh, so many. By subsidized housing, do you mean that the company will assist the employees in purchasing a house?噢,这么多。说到住房补贴,你的意思是公司将帮助雇员买房子吗?
Yes. In our company, housing allowances take the form of dormitory facilities for single employees and apartment facilities for married employees. Of course, rental fees for such housing are much below the market prices.
是的。在我们公司,住房津贴采取为单身职工提供宿舍以及为已婚职工提供公寓的形式。当然这样的房屋租金比市场价格低得多。
The main fringe benefit is the bonus, isn’t it?这要的福利是奖金,是吗?
You can see ti that way. But nowadays many people regard it as a form of salary. Some companies have made bonuses rather rigid in amounts and terms, so a lot of people say that bonus is a salary extension.
你可以这么看。现在许多人把奖金看成是工资的一种形式。一些公司已经把奖金的数量合条件变得非常固定了,因此许多人认为奖金是增加了的工资。
What about the bonus in your company?
你们公司的奖金怎么样?
We always get some bonuses every month.
每个月我们都另一些奖金。
That sounds attractive. I wish I were an employee in your company.
听起来真诱人。我真希望我是你们公司的员工。
(2)
Excuse me. I’d like to look for a job in a foreign enterprise. Do you mind if I ask you something about work in the company?
对不起,我想在外企找一份工作。我想问一些有关公司工作方面的事,你不介意吧?
Not at all, go ahead.没关系,你问吧。
It’s said that the company is very strict with the staff. Is that true?
我听说在外企工作要求很严,是吧?
Not really. As long as you act on the regulations.也不一定。只要按章办事就行。
If you make mistakes in your job, you’ll be fired. Right?
那是不是在工作中有失误就会被炒鱿鱼?
No. Everyone has got a chance to correct his mistakes. The most important is to be responsible for work. 不会。每个人都有改正错误的机会。最重要的是对工作认真负责。
Working here involves a busy schedule and overtime. Is it true?在外企工作很忙,还经常要加班是吗?
Yes, it’s true. We are always busy. The company attaches great importance to high efficiency. Sometimes we have to work overtime, but not always. And we have extra pay for extra work.
在外企工作确实很忙。公司讲究高效率。我们常常很忙,但只是有时加班,而且加班还有加班补助。 It seems that working in a foreign enterprise is not the same as I expected.
看来在外企工作不是我想象的那样。
Yeah. You can get to know more about foreign enterprises in your work.
是啊。工作一段时间你就会更了解外企的。
Thank you for your help.谢谢你的关照。
You’re welcome.不客气。
XXX ,I’m a newcomer. Could you tell me anything about the rules concerning vacation?
XXX ,我刚到公司。你能给我讲讲公司关于休假的规定吗?
Certainly. You can ask for three day’s sick leave each month. No deduction will be made for this.
当然。你每月可以请3天病假,不扣薪水。
What if I take more than three day’s leave?超过3天会怎么样?
You will be deducted 10 percent of your salary for one day’s leave.多请1天会被扣掉10%的薪水。 I see.我明白了。
You will be deducted RMB 100 if you are late for work once.迟到一次会被扣100元。
Then I should get up early in the morning.那我早上可得起早点。
And you can have 10 days’ vacation every year without the deduction of pay.每年由10天的带薪假期。 That’s great.太好了。
hi, I’m a newcomer, my name is XXX.
你好,我是新来的,我叫XXX。
Glad to meet you, XXX.
很高兴见到你,XXX。
Xxx, would you please tell me something about your job?
XXX,能够请你谈谈关于你工作方面的事情?
Yes, I’d be glad to.
我很愿意。
What does your job description say?
你的工作说明书是怎么写的?
As an assistant to the director, my job requires that I prepare all incoming and outgoing overseas letters, take care of all the contract agreements and keep all the files in order.
作为主任助理,我的工作要求我处理所有寄入和寄出的海外新建,管理好所有的合同和文档。 Do you take care of office supplies?
你管理办公用品吗?
No. One of the monthly duties of the office supplies is to take inventory of office supplies and place orders for those items in low supply.
不,办公室秘书的每月任务之一就是清点库存办公用品,并预定那些库存不多的用品。
How do you keep all the files in order?你怎么整理所有的档案呢?
Let me show you how our filing system works. Outgoing and incoming correspondence is kept in this file, invoices and receipts in this one, and product information, reports and business documents in this one.
我来告诉你,我们的归档系统是怎么运行的。寄出和收入的信件存在这个档案里,发票和收据放在这个里头,产品资料、报告和商业文件则在这个里面。
Do you have index for all the files?所有的档案都有索引吗?
Yes. All the files are arranged alphabetically. If you can’t find what you are looking for, you can check the index. 是的。所有档案都按英文字母顺序排列。如果找不到要找的材料,可以查一查索引。
Computers are commonplace for companies involving in international trade and communication, and computer is very efficient in handing files and data.
从事国际贸易及需要国际通讯的公司,一般都使用电脑。电脑处理文档和数据方面效率很高。 Yes, you see. We have installed computers in every office for word processing and for database.
是的。我们每件办公室都安装了电脑,用于文字处理和建立数据库。
Thank you very much, XXX谢谢你。
XXX, I will give you a brief introduction to the office work.
XXX,我简单向你介绍下办公室的工作。
Ok. XXX
好的。
Our office is under the direct leadership of the general manage. The main task is to handle routine business, such as arranging meetings, meeting visitors, seeing visitors off, assigning work, making plans, sorting out the data, collecting information, and so on. All these affairs are very important. I’m sure you’ll adapt quickly to the work here.
本办公室直接受总经理领导,主要工作是处理日常性事务工作,包括安排会议、接收客人、布置工作、规定规划、整理材料、收集信息等。这些工作都极为重要,我想你会很快适应这些工作的。
I hope so.
希望如此。
XXX , do you have anything to say about your work?
XXX,关于你的工作,你还有什么想问的吗?
No. by the way, XXX, would you please tell me what the specific work is to me?
没有,不过,XXX,你能告诉我我具体做哪方面工作吗?
Sorry, I can’t tell you now. after you are familiar with all these jobs, we will discuss the problem.
对不起,我现在还不能肯定,我想在你熟悉各项工作后,再与你讨论这个问题。
That’s ok.
好的。
XXX ,if you have something to say about your work while working, please come out. The people here are enthusiastic.
XXX,如果你在工作中有任何想法,不妨直接说出来。我们办公室的人都很热情。
All right. Thank you.
我会的,谢谢。
Good morning, XXX. So this is the first day you to work here. I hope you’ll like your job.
早上好,XXX。今天是你在这里工作的第一天,我希望你喜欢这项工作。
Good morning. XXX. This is the first time for me to do this kind of work. I’ve got a lot to learn from you. I think I’ll enjoy working with you.
早晨好。XXX。我是第一次做这项工作,有许多东西要向你学习。我想我会喜欢与你一起工作的。
I hope so. XXX. Now let me tell you your definite duties here. This is your definite duties here. This is your desk. Please sit down here.
希望如此,我来告诉你在这里的具体职责。这是你的办公桌,请坐。
Thank you.
谢谢。
XXX, your main duty is to answer phone calls and transfer them to the person wanted.
XXX,你的主要职责是接电话,然后转给要找的人。
I see. What if the person wanted is out?
我明白了。假如要找的人不在呢?
In that case, you are supposed to ask the caller to leave a message.
那样的话,你可以请对方留言。
Is there anything else I should do?
还有其他要我办的事情吗?
Yes, you are responsible for keeping all the files in order.
是的,你还要负责整理档案。
All right.
好的。
If you have any questions, I will help you.
假如你有什么entire,我会帮助你的。
Thank you, XXX.
谢谢你,XXX。